Do you want to become a Representative?
We are looking for individuals across the country to join and represent us, an organisation that truly cares about you and your success. We know how tough a Personal Training Career can be and we are committed in helping and supporting our representatives in every way possible.
The right candidates will take pride in their work and want to be part of a team, standing for the same beliefs and values.
The four pillars of Direct Exercise
Definition: the ability of understanding and imaginatively entering into another person’s feelings.
It’s essential for us to understand what our clients are feeling regarding their body-image, mental health and physical health. This plays a vital role in determining how to motivate them.
Definition: advice, counselling and assistance in health, fitness and lifestyle.
Supporting our clients is incredibly important to us. We want our clients to be safe and confident when making lifestyle changes.
Definition: mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity or temptation courageously.
Any change, no matter how small, requires strength and bravery. The new and unknown can be scary and sometimes surprising. We recognise this and explain to our clients what to expect.
Definition: an earnest desire for achievement or distinction and the willingness to strive for its attainment.
We are 100% committed to helping our clients achieve their goals and we require the same from them. Without commitment and effort it’s simply not going to work.
In addition we expect all representatives to:
- Care about the clients.
- Listen to what the clients want, but also be honest with them and make sure the goals are realistic and achievable.
- Be part of a team. This means supporting and helping one another to achieve a common goal.
- Show integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Work with us and our guidelines and we will help you grow your business.
- Level 3 qualified personal trainer
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Registered Self-Employed or Limited company
- IT literacy
- Must adhere to the guidelines
- Level 4 BACPR Cardiac Rehab Exercise Instructor
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field
- Proficient in blog posting
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
Guidelines, what is expected of you:
- Respond to email enquiry as soon as possible, be professionally and ask at least 1 question.
- Offer them a free consultation, try to book them in and get them to complete the online PARQ – www.directexercise.com/parq
- Prepare for the consultation by taking notes on paper from the PARQ information. If anything alarms you, it’s your responsibly to ask them for a doctor’s note.
- Have your notes ready to ask relevant questions
- On their arrival introduce yourself and shake their hand.
- Sit them down, make sure you are not sitting across a table or have barrier between each other.
- Let them do most of the talking and you the listening. Take down more notes.
- The next step is to take their blood pressure, weigh them, measure areas they would like to improve, assess posture, core and movements
- Discuss goals, how you work and how you are plan on helping them.
- NUTRITION – It’s very important that you do not give out meal plans or diet plans, you are NOT a nutritionist or dietitian. Ask them to keep a food diary that you can analyse, give advice on and suggest alternatives or changes.
- Tell them about Direct Exercise and that their assessment and workout plan will be available on there. Ask them to make use of the photo diary and explain that’s safe, secure and no one but themselves has access to it. Email/ Text them the sign-up instructions.
- Ask them how they would like to proceed in terms of PT sessions a week/fortnightly/monthly, do they want to have an additional home program or gym program.
- Book them in and give them a slot that’s theirs.
- Discuss flexibility and that you would like 24 hours notice to re-arrange or cancel.
- Leave payment up to them. Suggest cash, bacs, standing order or paying in block.
- Never negotiate the price and don’t give discount on block bookings. Your are worth the same for every session.
- Explain to them that all dealings are between you and the client and not Direct Exercise Ltd and the client.
- Upload their assessment to Direct Exercise, re-assess every 4 weeks (sometimes the client want’s it sooner which is fine).
- Upload their 12 week progressive program/s. This is mandatory! Do not apply random training and always log their progress on Direct Exercise.
- Re-evaluate after 12 weeks and produce a new program relevant to their goals.
- First session.
- This should be a trial and error session, evaluate their performance, abilities, likes and dislikes. Amend the program accordingly if needs be.
- Always give teaching points, focus on posture & form
- Observe pains and niggles and change the exercise accordingly. Never dismiss a worry the client might have
- DO NOT engage in any relations with your clients deemed sexual and or inappropriate.
What we do for you:
- Profile on www.directexercise.com website
- Official Direct Exercise Ltd Representative for 3 postcode areas. There will never be more than 1 representative for any given postcode.
- Personalised email address ie. [email protected]
- Gain access to our online coaching platform.
- Lead generation through SEO, Google Adwords/Business/Places.
- Ongoing support and training.
- Help you earn up to £50,000pa